Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
REGISTERED NURSE - NEONATAL ICU PRN VARIED SHIFTS 1
Requisition #: 277843
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 17, 2020
The Registered Nurse (RN) is licensed by the State of Maryland through national examination for the practice of nursing. The RN is educationally prepared for competent practice at the beginning level upon graduation from an approved school of nursing. The RN assumes the primary responsibility and accountability for the delivery of all patient care.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* BSN Required.
* RN s without a BSN must enroll in a BSN program within 6 months and complete degree within 4 years of their start date.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience preferred.
* Previous specialty clinical experience preferred for specialty units.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current Maryland RN license or licensure in a compact state that allows practice in Maryland.
* CPR required.
* ACLS required for the following departments: Labor and Delivery (all current Labor and Delivery nurses are to be certified by 2022), ICU, ED, PACU, IMC (SCU), Short Stay (Observation Unit), Cardiac Catheterization (Interventional Cardiovascular lab), Endoscopy, Cardiac Rehab, Infusion Services Clinic, Pulmonary Function.
* PALS required for the following departments: Pediatric ER, Pediatrics and PACU.
* NRP required for the following departments: NICU and Labor and Delivery.
* EFM required for the following departments: Nursery, Maternal Child Unit and Labor and Delivery.
* New graduates and inexperienced transfers will have up to 18 months to obtain the appropriate certification. Experienced new hires must obtain the appropriate certification within the first year of employment.
* National certification in applicable specialty preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.