Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Are you looking to be part of the team for a non-profit, where our passion and purpose is to provide job skills training, a compassionate culture, and employment opportunities for disabled veterans and other people with disabilities? If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician, please consider applying for this experienced level position within our company.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. painting, minimal electrical; HVAC; plumbing, etc.). Perform general construction-related tasks, cleaning, repairs, installations, and removals as dictated in contract requirements. Maintains constant monitoring of cleanliness to ensure company standards are correctly maintained, while using the appropriate supplies and equipment in a responsible and efficient manner.
• Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
• Performs electrical maintenance trouble shooting to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
• Performs plumbing maintenance trouble shooting (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
• Performs painting work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
• Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, Floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) To preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.). Prevents overspray and paint intrusion onto surfaces.
• Remain neat, organized and detailed while being cognizant of the safety of the surrounding environment and people.
• Work with local vendors and trade contractors to perform larger task and work orders involving plumbing and electric.
• Order parts and maintain required documents for approval of area manager.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Ability to push minimum 100 pounds (power cleaning appliances); ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies).
• Ability to climb ladders up to 10ft. and step ladder.
• Ability to handle heights of 20ft. in scissor lifts.
• Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
• Extreme heat or cold.
• Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds.
• Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
• Working with electricity and plumbing, and large appliances.
• Working with lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, etc.
• Handling hazardous material, paints, and solvents.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be 18 years old.
• Be able to obtain and maintain required industry certifications or education.
• 2+ years facility maintenance experience.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to effectively read, write, and speak English, and understands English fluently.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
• Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
• Ability to use common tools.
• Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be highly self-motivated.
• Be able to pass a background check and screening requirements as required by contract and company standards.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
About the Company:
Since 2001 E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. has been providing its customers with the unique opportunity to employ a social enterprise that provides cleaning and ground maintenance services, as well as other meaningful job opportunities. Our company aims to provide opportunities to people with disabilities in order to assist them in overcoming barriers that limit their potential. With a vision to continue to be a respected employer of people with disabilities and “vendor of choice” in the markets we serve by cultivating an exceptional service-driven company that is committed to excellence and quality. Our values are to act with integrity at all times; to know our responsibilities as leaders; to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected; and to make ethical decisions while acting responsibly, ethically, and compliantly.
E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.