Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Lithia Springs, GA, USA Req #4888
Friday, September 18, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
VSII - MATERIAL HANDLER
Silver Line Windows & Doors in Lithia Springs, GA is the #1 manufacture of vinyl windows and doors. We were recently acquired by Ply Gem and NCI Building Systems, now called Cornerstone Building Brands, which positions us as the largest integrated manufacturer of metal building products for the commercial & residential market. Also, we have over 23,000 employees across 80 manufacturing, distribution and office locations in North America.
Responsible for various windows & doors assembly operations. Maintaining the flow of material throughout the plant by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Complete daily inspection sheet for respective PIT and submit to supervisor
* Assist production department and supply materials & Check all work centers and glass for parts needed
* Load and Unload incoming and outgoing trucks
* Check departments for material needs and restock and dump all scrap every 30 minutes or as needed
* Make sure material labels match description in warehouse and racks
* Pickup tools green totes from all work centers and Remove scrap, weigh and dump
* Take breaks at designated times and do not leave the area before the horn sound
* Follow defined housekeeping, organization, and 5S process expectations
* Follow all safety practices required for the job and maintain work area clean neat and organized
* Check all incoming material and compare with packing slips and deliver to respective department
* Administer daily inventory counts for raw materials
REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION
* Dependable, punctual, detail oriented and proficient communication skills
* Ability to read a tape measurer
* Ability to read/write in English and basic reading and math skills are required
* Ability to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach, stand and lift at least 100 pounds
* High School education or equivalent preferred
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a shipping & receiving
* Previous Forklift experience and certification a plus
* Must be certified thru Silver Line PIT certification program
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
* Paid time off (PTO)
* Paid holidays
* 401(k) plan
* A culture that supports work-life balance and environment where collaboration is key
* A culture of diversity & inclusion in a respectful work-place environment
* Volunteer opportunities on company time
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and committed to a culture of respect, diversity and inclusivity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status. Equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Pay Type Hourly