Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
High School Diploma or equivalent. 3 years of progressive supply chain experience.
Individuals in this position supervise the clerical and manual tasks involved in the receipt, verification, storage, issuance and delivery of equipment, materials and supplies (medical / surgical & non-medical / surgical) in support of all aspects of the UTMB Supply Chain Operations.
Actual salary commensurate wtih experience.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Supervise the clerical and manual tasks involved in the receipt, verification, storage, safekeeping, issuance and delivery of equipment, materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Prepare reports reflecting current trends in stock usage, storage and ordering; perform duties in computerized order entry, distribution of supplies, equipment, and maintain good inventory management processes; meeting supply needs with prompt delivery and assuring accuracy of issues.
* Supervises activities of personnel; instructs staff in procedures and techniques; reviews work of staff to assure that standards are being followed; provides effective performance management and coaching of staff members.
* Accountable for team responsibilities and administrative duties required of all Logistics operations teams (i.e. strategic planning, team meetings, time capture, records retention schedules).
* Establish and maintain effective working relationship with all Supply Chain Management customers, both internal and external, to provide delivery of orders within designated time parameters; provide substitutes as appropriate; Responsible for the coordination of efforts between multiple work teams to meet outcomes beneficial to the customer needs ensuring that products are available in a timely manner for patient care, educational instruction, and research.
* Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining the annual operating budget for their section of responsibility, ensuring that operations are managed within the established guidelines.
* Supervise handling of incoming and outgoing shipments, verification of new merchandise against purchase orders and invoices, price marking and transfer of merchandise according to requisitions.
* Responsible for internal controls with reasonable assurances that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safe guarded, and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
* Ensure accuracy of the inventory by conducting special (cycle counts) and scheduled inventories (annual inventory).
* Plan and schedule work of receiving, inventory, and delivery personnel ensuring proper distribution of assignments, adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of tasks.
* Responsible for staff development and training ensuring assigned staff members are up to date on proper use of computer related systems, proper use of equipment, and all required UTMB classes. Recommend the ordering of equipment, materials and supplies as needed.
* Prepare reports and analyses setting forth stock turnover, new merchandise received, shortage or overstock of merchandise and damaged goods and responsible for process benchmarking and continuous process improvement.
* Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance recommendations, promotions and vacation schedules; train new personnel.
Monday through Friday 7.30am-4.30pm.
* Consistently exhibit a commitment to accomplish Key Process Indicator (KPI) objectives.
* Communication must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with the staff, management, and customers.
* Ability to analyze and present data for decision making
* Ability to problem solve
* Manual dexterity and memory are critical to this function.
* Ability to use a computer, both desktop and handheld.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 72439