Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
A. O. Smith Corporation
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3.2 billion company that has been in business for over 140 years and we employ more than 15,000 men and women. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
What is great about this opportunity*
* You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
* You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
* You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, release schedules and ensure materials are in place to support all shipments while ensuring goals and objectives are met by following departmental operating policies, procedures and processes. Responsibilities
* Release production order schedules in sync with demand in SAP.
* Reviews and acts upon order release, action and exception messages from the MRP system.
* Identify and develop improved material supply processes to support lean initiatives.
* Resolves problems with internal suppliers/customers relative to material availability and quality.
* Identify opportunities to improve cost, inventory levels, lead times, etc.
* Cross traiing into material planning, including MRO and purchased parts planning.
* Consider expedite requests from customer service and build out of series changes.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in a material planning or purchasing role.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Knowledge of principles and techniques of production and inventory control management.
* Experience with and understanding of multilevel Bill of Materials.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.).
* Excellent in multi tasking and prioritization skills.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in stressful situations.
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer an onsite A. O. Smith Company merchandise store for our employees, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation plan and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.