Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
If you enjoy working on a team that values you as more than just a number while driving results, take pride in providing quality service, have technical and/or maintenance experience we may have the opportunity you're looking for!
Airgas Specialty Products (ASP) is the premier US industrial ammonia supplier for denox metal treatment, water treatment, chemical processing and ammonia refrigeration applications is seeking an AMMONIA FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our Field Service team. This is a full time position with potential evenings, weekends and holidays.
Distribution Center based out of one of the following locations:
GRANITE CITY, IL
The Ammonia Field Service Technician will be responsible for multiple duties which include,
* Provide support to the Airgas field service team and plant operations.
* Work with customers and corporate staff to resolve problems and issues with various systems.
* Remove ammonia liquid and vapor from multiple sources which include refrigeration systems, storage tanks and pipelines.
* Install and maintain ammonia tanks, piping and pumps.
* Provide support to the Airgas Specialty Products sales team.
* Maintain proper parts inventory in service vans and warehouse.
* Document work via work orders and service agreements.
* Maintain a neat, clean and profession appearance.
* Maintain trucks trailers and vans in neat cleans and safe condition.
* Maintain site specific training records.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Maintain appropriate drivers license and safety training.
* Accurate and timely submittal of documents.
* Must have TWIC or be able to acquire.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
* Class A CDL drivers license with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements.
* Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* 1 year commercial driving experience.
* Technical diploma, high school diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets and mechanical drawings.
* Have a basic knowledge of chemistry and physics.
* Knowledge of the area and ability to lift and drag hoses up to 90 lbs. required.
* Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 11 hours, frequent bending and reaching also required.
* Must be able to work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays if necessary. Work for long periods. Must be flexible.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must have basic computer experience.
* Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers and be able to meet requirements to wear and use an ammonia escape respirator.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Must have a reasonable amount of mechanical aptitude, working with piping, valves and pumps.
* Working away from home for extended periods may be required.
* Must be able to travel anywhere either by air or truck up to 75 percent.
Airgas offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes optional:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, as well as Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
We also offer Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Tuition Assistance and other perks to take advantage of through our strategic partnerships!
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POSITION PLEASE CONTACT CHERYL AUSTIN - DRIVER TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST @ 678-985-6735.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability