Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
Are you a CNA looking for flexible shifts and weekly pay* Elderwood at Cheektowaga, a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population in Western New York, is seeking a compassionate and dedicated Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our team.
Apply today for a Part time, Full time or Per Diem CNA opportunity with Elderwood at Cheektowaga. This facility offers flexibility with shifts: 4, 8, & 12 hour shift options & WEEKLY PAY.
Elderwood at Cheektowaga offers a unique campus setting. This campus also includes an assisted living facility and an independent living community. On this campus, staff and residents experience multiple levels of care and diverse settings for CNAs to hone their skills.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) Position Overview:
* Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in our skilled nursing facility. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.
Shifts Currently we are seeking part-time CNAs for the evening shift:
* Day: 6a-2p
* Evenings: 2p-10p OR 3p-9p
* Overnights: 10p-6a
All shifts include every other weekend requirements.
* Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
* Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
* Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents conditions or needs
* Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
* Responsible for responding immediately to residents requests.
* Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
* Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry (CNA) is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
* Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
* Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
* Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
* Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
* Physical stamina for constant activity required.
* Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is a 172 bed skill nursing facility (SNF) offering a unique campus setting. This campus also includes an assisted living facility and an independent living community. We offer comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac, and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Specialty Programs include Oncology, SMARTS Express Care, Wound Care, Palliative and Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.