Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL is a 220-BED ACUTE CARE hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only LEVEL II TRAUMA CENTER on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. MOST RECENTLY, WE RECEIVED THE LEAPFROG 'A' HOSPITAL SAFETY GRADE. WHY WORK AT PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL?
HEART / LUNG DIAGNOSTIC TESTING CENTER
The Registered Nurse works collaboratively with the physician to prepare patient for non-invasive diagnostic examinations. Responsible for utilizing critical thinking skills and educating patient prior to, during and after all examinations performed. Responsible for reporting significant findings to physician for further patient evaluation and subsequent treatment. Works in accordance with specific Nurse Practice Act that governs and licenses the individual nurse.
ASSESSMENT TO PATIENTS:
1. Recognizes untoward responses to testing and communicates same to physician.
2. Recognizes clinical problems that require immediate intervention.
3. Able to integrate clinical information to obtain test results.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
1. Independently performs adult and pediatric 12 lead EKG's, holter monitor applications and analysis, and assist the physicians with exercise testing per policies and procedures.
2. Maintains department and work area in a clean and organized manner.
3. Exercises care in equipment operation and has a working knowledge to trouble shoot EKG, holter and stress testing equipment.
4. Maintains department logs, schedules and statistics, prepares monthly reports per Director.
5. Demonstrates effective organizational and time management skills.
6. Maintains and supports Cardiology/Hospital Information Systems.
7. Assists in training and monitoring the staff of these systems to remain within policies.
8. Anticipates the needs of patients & families and is self-directed in the completion of these tasks.
9. Cheerfully greets, assists and directs all patients, families and visitors.
10 Relays patient requests to the nursing staff in a timely and appropriate fashion.
11. Demonstrates accountability for assembling and maintaining neat, current, and proper patient charts at all times.
12. Place all diagnostic test reports in chart appropriately; alert nursing staff of results as requested.
13. Accurately analyzes and interprets rhythms and has appropriate follow through.
14. Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and inputs charges in a timely and
15. Evaluates various Systems performance. Conducts and records quality control procedures to ensure proper operation to comply with state and federal agencies. Report malfunctions to Director.
* 1 to 3 years of acute care nursing in a critical care environment
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
* TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM (up to $5,250/calendar year)
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
* Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
* BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
12 Lead and Basic Arrhythmia within 6 months of hire * HCA WILL PAY for certification renewals once employed
BENEFITS & OPPORTUNITIES
As an eligible full time / part time employee, you'll receive a wide array of benefits designed to care for you and your family. These benefits--known as HCA Total Rewards--supplement your pay and may be customized to your situation and needs. Health and Retirement Programs
Benefits available to eligible employees include:
INSURANCE (Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Prescription Drugs, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D).
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS (FSAS) (health care or day (child or elder) care). * FINANCIAL EDUCATION
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP).
VOLUNTARY BENEFITS (Legal Advice. Auto & Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Voluntary Permanent Life Insurance).
RETIREMENT PROGRAM - The HCA 401(k) Plan combines employer contributions with your own contributions to help you save for the future. Your hospital provides a 100 percent match of up to 9 percent of your pay, based on your years of service.
* TUITION REIMBURSEMENT - Up t $5,250 per year
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN (ESPP)
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEE REWARDS AND BENEFITS * Paid time off (PTO)
Short Term Disability (STD)
Family, medical, military and bereavement leaves * Adoption assistance
* Wellness programs
* Free parking
Employee advisory groups, employee surveys and other channels for employee expression
Professional development and education opportunities
Employee recognition programs and events
Employee discounts and amenities
Support for community organizations and causes championed by our employees
The HCA Hope Fund, which provides financial assistance for employees in times of disaster or personal distress
CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA's Comprehensive Benefits Package.
INTRIGUED? WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
\\"We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and we VALUE DIVERSITY at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.\\"
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.