Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments. Job Summary
This role will focus as an Automation Technical Lead -
The Automation Technical Lead is responsible for the detailed definition, design, implementation, and technical success of the Automation outcomes. You will work closely with the CLIENT team and NetApp architecture teams to transform architectural designs and technical requirements into production-quality automation. This is a residency role due to required close interaction with CLIENT staff and deep understanding of the CLIENT processes, standards, systems, tools and personnel. In this role you will have the opportunity to create detailed designs, test plans, prototypes, select automation processes, and oversee the overall development of automation processes delivered by NetApp.
Additional Functions: Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
* Preferred locations for this opportunity are the Dallas TX and NY/NJ areas. However we are interested in all qualified candidate located in the US. *
* Senior level position for industry experts with excellent technology and consulting skills possessing
Extensive professional field experience
Familiarity with CI/CD and industry standard tools/processes is a must. Heavy Python and/or PERL background is also a must to supplement Ansible capabilities. Experience with both REST APIs and infrastructure and/or platform automation. Must also have experience with NetApp storage.
2. Python and/or PERL
4. NetApp Storage
* Must be expert at having technical / business conversations
* Consultant must be able to DELIVER Automation outcomes
* Will be engaged with customer and NetApp Account teams for guidance
* Lead and deploy highly complex post-sales hardware and software architectures, installations, and integrations
* Coordinate and communicate with VPs and senior staff members
* Onsite and remote subject matter expert with NetApp, IT infrastructure, applications, and Cloud services
* Understand and translate customer business requirements into technical solutions
* Provide detailed project planning, design, implementation, and final As-Built documentation
* Design and acrchitect company marketed solution sets and other custom consulting
* Follow appropriate escalation guidelines, as required, during customer engagements
* Maintains excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ensures all assigned work tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner
* Assigned as Technical Lead and mentor on teams deploying large, complex, and strategic projects
* Broad and detailed exposure and understanding of a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment
* Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
* Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
* Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
* Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Established as an expert in a particular technical function.
* Plans, designs, develops, and implements processes.
* Plans and leads multiple projects.
* Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
* Has thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
* Uses knowledge, creativity, and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience required; or Master s Degree and 7-10 years of experience; or equivalent combination of applicable professional education/training and relevant applicable experience.
Strong background with Automation, Ansible, Python and/or PERL, and NetApp storage
NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA), formerly NACE a plus, but not required
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) with specialization a plus, but not required
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.