Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Finance Planning & Analysis ( FP&A ) is responsible for effectively managing the firm s forward-looking business planning and strategic transformation initiatives. Our team collaborates with each of the firm s businesses, Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Risk, among other groups at the firm, to gain the expertise required to provide critical analysis to project and forecast financial results. We use our expertise to execute strategic initiatives to provide internal clients, such as firm and divisional leadership, access to financial information more efficiently and effectively. Professionals in the Finance division have an analytical mindset, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds.
This role sits within the Revenue and Resource Planning team in FP&A. The team s main responsibility is to centrally coordinate and effectively review and challenge revenue and financial resource forecasting across Investment Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management, and Consumer & Wealth Management businesses. A key focus is the integration of capital, funding, liquidity, balance sheet, and risk into the business planning process for optimal resource allocation. The role requires an ability to work independently and an ability to interact with senior professionals in other planning areas. It also entails in-depth analysis and reporting for senior management decision-making, therefore, attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills are required for this role. The candidate will work with counterparts across regions on projects and financial analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Primary contact for Investment Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management, and Consumer & Wealth Management budgeting and forecasting activities and has expertise in revenue and financial resource drivers, assumptions, constraints, and trends
* Support Budget / Forecasting exercises including collaboration with Corporate Treasury, Controllers, and Risk to evaluate financial resource forecasts and inputs to the firmwide budget presentation and supporting materials to be shared with senior management
* Enable further accountability, governance, and efficiency around revenue, interest expense, and financial resource forecasts
* Play a key role in global initiatives including creating a central planning tool, driver-based planning capabilities with financial and non-financial variables, and a more integrated planning process
* Support the team in finalizing presentations and financial analysis as requested for senior management meetings
* Identify process and reporting improvements including areas where we can better leverage technology such as: Anaplan (the firm s new planning software), Qlik Sense data analytics platform, and internal models and automated tools
* Interact with various groups within the firm such as the divisional finance teams, Anaplan Center of Excellence, firmwide strategy, investor relations, and other teams within FP&A
* Relevant Bachelor s degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
* 5-7 years of experience in Finance, Planning & Analysis, Corporate Treasury, Business Strategy and Development, Investor Relations or related fields is preferred
* Analytical capabilities and financial modeling experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal (written and verbal) skills, strong attention to Detail
* Prior knowledge of financial institution regulatory requirements across capital, liquidity, balance sheet, and funding is preferred
* Ability to lead across team members and drive assignments to completion
* Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure
* Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity