Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Responsible for the safe and compliant operation and maintenance of a LCO2 production facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties may include:
* Helping to champion a safety first mindset.
* Helping to drive a continuous improvement atmosphere by being an active participant in the LEAN/6 Sigma process.
* Routine and preventative maintenance of pumps, compressors, refrigeration equipment, and control systems
* Railcar & truck loading
* Instrumentation calibration
* Perform plant startups and shutdowns
* Monitor and make operating adjustments to optimize efficiency
* Operation and maintenance of analytical equipment including chromatographs
* Water treatment control
* Interacting with national and local product scheduling to meet customer requirements
* Performs other projects an duties as assigned.
COMPLIES WITH REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
* Fully supports, accurately completes, maintains, instills, and reinforces Matheson Health, Safety, and Environmental policies / procedures and relevant documentation at the facility
* Performs job duties in compliance with all local and federal governmental regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, DOT, cGMP, etc) , and all company policies and procedures (including MOC's, PSSR's, and QIR's, etc)
ASSISTS AND WORKS CLOSELY WITH PLANT MANAGER WITH DAILY FACILITY NEEDS INCLUDING
* Administrative function responsibilities as delegated by Plant Manager
* Facility record keeping and documentation
* Involvement in generating and maintaining site-specific Standard Operating Procedures, P&ID's, PRD s and all other technical documentation as relates to operational or equipment processes
* Innovations and improvement project involvement
* Ensuring on-site contractors, vendors, guests, or visitors site specific training requirements are met and documented, and support of Hold Harmless & Insurance Policies and Procedures
* Active participation in facility safety meetings and inspections
* Loading and unloading of all transports or rail cars as necessary
* Routine communication with customer operations group ensuring product delivery requirements are being satisfactorily fulfilled
* Acts and assumes key responsibilities of Facility Manager during his/her absence
* Assists and supports Plant Manager in maintaining a safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly operating environment at the facility
* Participates in operational and routine maintenance tasks within facility without interruption of customer product deliveries
* Fosters open communication amongst all facility technicians in relation to best practices, operational or Facility needs, safety issues or concerns, conflicts of interest between shifts or other departments, and sharing operational knowledge and expertise with all other Technicians
* Ensures customer product delivery requirements and pertinent documentation and affiliated reporting requirements are completed on time and with zero defects
SHIFT COVERGE AND ROTATION
* May be assigned and must be willing to work rotating shifts
* Must carry a pager or cell phone for on-call status and share On-call responsibilities with Facility Manager and other teammates as needed.
* Follows policies and procedures on proper notification procedures for vacation scheduling, floating holidays, and personal days off
* Fills in for vacations and emergency shift relief coverage as situations warrant
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
* Experience in chemical plant operations with refrigeration, screw compressors, reciprocating compressors, water treatment, absorption beds and desiccant dryers, analyzers, and other process equipment required.
* Strong safety and compliance mindset
* Must have a continuous improvement orientation
* Oriented toward internal and external customer satisfaction
* Mechanically inclined
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of 3 months related experience or training; or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* General knowledge of welding gas cylinders.
* Must be able to wear required PPE safety equipment including, hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, ear protection, and possible respirator protection.
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
* Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
* Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
* Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term Disability
* Driver Referral Bonus
* Education Assistance