Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Type: Full Time
OTTO Environmental Systems North America, Inc. is leading the nation in the manufacturing of waste containers for residential, commercial and retail markets across the United States. The original OTTO Group was founded in 1934 and is the most widely used brand of residential trash carts in the world with more than 100,000,000 carts in service around the globe. OTTO is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina; and proudly produces American made products from our plastic injection molded manufacturing plants located in Charlotte, NC and Eloy, AZ.
Our Vision is to deliver innovative solutions to connect the home to the curb.
OTTO also has a container service division - OCM Solutions, LLC that provides residential waste container logistics, distribution, servicing, repair, cleaning and waste cart delivery operations.
Our Mission is to relentlessly pursue the perfect customer experience thorough manufacturing and service excellence.
POSITIONS NOW AVAILABLE: MATERIAL HANDLER - PRODUCTION / Night Shift (7pm to 7am, 2-2-3 schedule)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Move materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated places in the facility.
* Perform various material handler duties as required.
* Supply all necessary components to machines (wheels, axles, lift bars, lids, regrind, color concentrate, hinge pins, etc.). Remove all unused components upon completion of order.
* Remove finished goods and unused components from machines and move to designated staging area outside the production building; Stack skids, pallets, or gaylords in designated areas.
* Clean up and dispose of scrap finished product or components, and place in proper containers or designated areas.
* Use hand tools to remove strapping and open crates.
* Assist process technicians with machine color changes.
* Clean spilled resin from floor and machine decks as necessary.
* Pump resin from railcars to resin silos. Clean empty railcars to prepare cars for pick-up.
* Change machine resin supply from one silo to another silo as requested.
* Maintain accurate paperwork on silo board (dates, railcar numbers, current silo levels, etc.).
* Print labels for finished goods, material, etc. Make computer entries regarding the movement of materials, color, etc. to and from warehouse storage. Complete inventory paperwork accurately.
* Demonstrate initiative to regularly check components at each machine to ensure the correct parts are being used.
* Demonstrate initiative and safe driving habits.
* Other duties as assigned
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Previous Forklift / Material Handling experience (3 or more years experience)
* Thorough understanding of production orders
* Able to complete and pass company sponsored Fork Lift training and license certification
* Able to use computer ipad and scanning equipment to keep accurate records of inventory and materials movement
Required: Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Screen
Required: Identification / Proof of Employment Eligibility
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Facility is non-climate controlled. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
OTTO Environmental Systems North America, Inc.
The Company offers competitive pay commensurate with experience and rewards high performance. In addition, employees enjoy a rich benefits package including:
* Affordable Pre-Tax Medical Plan with Dental, Vision and Pharmacy provisions
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Time Off Program
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Company Paid Short/Long-Term Disability
* Company Paid Holidays (9)
* Company Paid Uniform Services
* Company Paid Safety Shoe Annual Allowance
* Incentive Compensation Opportunities
To be considered for this position, qualified applicants must complete our online application process and apply directly to the posted position at: WWW.OTTOCAREERS.COM
For more information about the company, visit our website: WWW.OTTO-USA.COM
OTTO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments ACT (ADAAA), If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance and/or reasonable accommodations by contacting the OTTO Human Resources Department at 704-588-9191.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities