Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The role of the Kitchen Supervisor is to provide technical and administrative assistance to the Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets and to prepare daily requisition for food area and daily rotation of foods. To assist in maintaining set standards of quality and consistency.
* Develop additions to menu.
* Training of Staff.
* Responsible for product availability for all restaurant or banquet items.
* Directs proper sanitation and organization of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
* Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order, generate report if necessary.
* Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
* Monitors and has hands on control over daily food production.
* Monitors safety of staff.
* Maintains good working relationship with Front of the House Manager.
* Conducts daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operation concerns.
* Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
* Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
* Ensure that all food products are labeled and dated.
* Maintain and enforce food quality and visual appeal.
* Requisition necessary equipment from stewarding
* Must have skill to teach associates to manage their time in order to complete
Assigned jobs in a timely manner.
* Has mis en place for day s business for banquets or outlets.
* Fills out requisition for the day and the following day.
* Works according to priorities for banquets.
* Must be able to understand, organize and maintain B.E.O.s
* Assigns mis en place list for pm staff and relates information to the pm chef.
* Checks with Executive Chef and Sous Chefs daily for any special products or preparation.
* Ensure that all products are labeled, dated and rotated daily.
* Assist stewarding in getting the food out of the kitchen in a timely manner.
* Hold a daily pre-shift meeting to insure the proper transfer of information
* Instill in associates a sense of teamwork.
* Instill in associates a Clean as you go mentality .
* Follow all organization and sanitation L.S.O.P.s
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Previous culinary experience is required.
Previous supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
Tentative start date of November 15th, 2020.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ..