Posted in Other 30 days ago.
Type: Full Time
COMMUNITY RESOURCE SPECIALIST
The Community Resources Specialist assesses patient benefits/resources needs and assists them in addressing those needs. This includes health insurance education and enrollment, food access and SNAP enrollment, and utilities assistance. This also includes advocating for wrongly denied patients with the patient s local County Assistance Office and regular patient follow up. Specialist also conducts regular outreach in community to educate about FPCN services.
We are especially looking for a candidate who can work independently and wants to grow in the human services field. This includes students in social work, counseling, human services, or other related programs. Position is full time and can have flexible schedule, including early or late hours and Saturdays if desired.
Staff must support FPCN's commitment to a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
* Provide enrollment assistance for patients to access benefits programs like The Marketplace, Medicaid, CHIP, SNAP, and LIHEAP. This includes advocating for wrongly denied patients.
* Provide structured patient education on benefits programs and other resources.
* Meet outreach goals, including minimum of 1 outreach event/mo
* Meet enrollment goals, including minimum of 10 applications/mo
* Lead the development and implementation of outreach initiatives at your site
* Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses.
* Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote FPCN services and to educate about benefits programs and resources.
* Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
* Attend and participate in team and staff meetings.
* Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of community resources, the health and human services infrastructure, health insurance programs, food resources, or utilities resources a plus.
* Social work, public health, or human services student preferred. Also would consider bachelor s degree or equivalent experience with willingness to grow in field.
* Strong computer skills
* Strong communication and organization skills
* Ability to advocate and navigate complex benefits programs for patients is a must.
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in Philadelphia Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Philly housed in Action Wellness (formerly Action AIDS); and a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia Fast Family Care. Today the Network serves more than 23,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home..
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.