Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
North America, USA, Illinois, Crystal Lake
Under supervision of the Department Supervisor and Section Lead, safely perform production tasks in line with industry standards. Works in a continuous improvement mindset and actively participates in continuous improvement activities. Duties & Responsibilities
* Set up and operate one or more of the following machines: CNC multitasking machining centers, CNC multitasking lathes, CNC lathes, 3/4/5-axis CNC machining centers, CNC EDM, manual lathe, manual mill, drill press, and /or various secondary equipment with the ability to hold tolerances as close as .0005
* Work from factory work orders, routings, drawings, process drawings & layout sheets, written or verbal instructions to ensure on time delivery.
* Perform complex program edits to G-code CNC programs.
* Prepare for next work order by performing pre-set up operations i.e.; downloading and editing next program, preparing raw materials, work holding, measuring equipment, and pre-building tools while machine is in operations mode. Informing Section Lead or ME as soon as issues arise.
* Inspect work produced, including 1st piece inspection identifying and reporting any non-conformance issues immediately. Ability to inspect using hand held measuring equipment as well as CMM s.
* Communicate with co-workers to identify problems, provide feedback, and work on solutions.
* Identify potential Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities and actively participate as a team member for Kaizen, SMED, and other lean activities.
* Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics in order to achieve campus FEI s.
* Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steels, duplex stainless steels, Monels, Hastelloys and other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, etc.
* Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by maintenance and ME groups and immediately reporting equipment failures and inconsistencies.
* Train and instruct other employees when requested.
* Accurately complete all necessary documentation.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of 1 year trade school or industry related courses, and minimum 1 year on the job experience
* Ability to do simple to complex mathematical equations in a technical manner
* Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
* Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office. shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
* Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
* Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
* Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.