Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Engineering Intern provides support to the MES Global Engineering team and assists with special projects. This internship provides an opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of various Engineering and Manufacturing functions. The Intern is responsible for a variety of projects designed to be completed. Gain knowledge of and interact with engineering, operations, and other business professionals throughout the internship. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supports day-to-day operations of the production department developing a general understanding of all aspects of the administration of the production and engineering function including policies, procedures, and processes.
* Gains exposure to various assessments and resources including design engineering, failure analysis, root cause problem solving, and project management.
* The primary focus will be working with and supporting the Global Engineering department.
* Helps create and develop mechanical designs and process improvements.
* Provides assistance with special projects as needed.
* Additional duties are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Current enrollment in graduate or undergraduate degree program in an Engineering related field at a recognized college or university
* A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
* Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. (Standard is 10lbs, modify as needed)
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
The Matthews Environmental Solutions division of Matthews Memorialization is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services. It is a total solutions provider for combustion products and services with a passion for the environment and success for our clients. We are a global leader in cremation equipment, waste incinerator systems, environmental solutions, service, parts, supplies, crematory management and memorial products. We have a passion for innovation and are committed to continually finding new solutions for a varied customer base.
Matthews Environmental Solutions and Matthews Memorialization are (MATW) Matthews International companies.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.