Posted in Other 26 days ago.
Type: Full Time
MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation , Spectra-Physics and Ophir , leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Our Ophir Optronics Division, established in 1976, is a global leader in precision IR optics, laser measurement instrumentation and 3D non-contact measurement equipment. Our operations in North Logan, UT is seeking a Process Engineer to provide engineering support for aftermarket repair and calibration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Monitors existing lasers & systems for performance. Coordinates capital expenditures on new laser or equipment purchases.
* Manages 15KW laser and calibration of sensors on high power calibrations.
* Recalibrate & repair power meters as needed.
* Develop and maintain camera recertification process. Promote recertification with existing customers to increase revenue.
* Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
* Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
* Determines the test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
* Determines the layout of piping, equipment, and utilities for engineering changes.
* Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
* Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
* Designs methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving production costs, yields, quality, and safety.
* Monitors and ensures SPC is complete and accurate.
* Manages & updates visual standards board.
* Supports technical service
* Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience within a laser, optics or electronics manufacturing environment.
* Experience with lab equipment (e.g. HVAC systems, pumps, chillers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
* Knowledgeable of basic electrical schematics and hands-on repair, including soldering.
* Knowledgeable in SPC, process control and variation, lean and manufacturing engineering.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, colleagues and customers.
* Working knowledge of following tools preferred: SolidWorks, Optical Design software, SAP ERP, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
While performing the duties of this job, it is frequently required to: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear. The job is occasionally required to: sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, for positions requiring access to export-controlled goods and technical data that are subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MKS Instruments. Inc. may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. Government. As such, applicants for these positions, except U.S. persons (generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals (holder of a US Passport), lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees), may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.