Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Laboratory Support Manager (LSM), with direction fromrnmanagement team, functions as a collaborator within the Clinical TrialsrnLaboratory Center which is sponsored by the Division of AIDS (DAIDS) / NationalrnInstitute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) / National Institutes ofrnHealth (NIH).
In this role, you will play anrnintegral role in the implementation of clinical trials protocols, informationrnmanagement and Network organization and structure. You will be responsible for reviewing andrnimplementing protocol testing, reviewing laboratory quality assurancerninformation, working with laboratories to resolve audit/monitoring visitrnfindings and supporting capabilities required to conduct clinical trials asrnrequired by the protocol Sponsor. You will also provide committee coordination and administrative support tornlaboratory related committees and working groups.
*Contract position, may become careerQualifications
* Bachelor s degree in science or health related field strongly preferred
* 3 orrnmore years in laboratory/project management setting.
* Knowledge in the following laboratoryrnprocedures and instruments: clinicalrnchemistry, hematology, microbiology, virology, and immunology.
* Thorough understandingrnof Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and CLIA regulations.
* Ability to develop, with assistance,rnnecessary training tools to assist laboratories (i.e., checklists, trainingrnmaterials, etc.)
* Working knowledge ofrnassay validation, quality assurance and quality control procedures and properlyrndocumenting laboratory processes and procedures as well as corrective actionsrnand preventative actions (CAPA).
* Excellent interpersonal and client managementrnskills with a professional and customer service oriented demeanor.
* Excellentrnverbal and written communication skills, which may include business andrntechnical writing, editing and proofreading.
* Experience working with laboratoryrndata/information management systems or laboratory database would be beneficial.
* Medical technologist degree or prior experience implementing clinical research testing is a plus.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.