Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Recruiting Location US-IL-Chicago
The Client Accounting Assistant supports the Client Accounting department by performing the daily cash receipt application for check deposits, remote deposits, ACH/EFT payments and wire transfer payment application as well as maintaining related documentation. The position provides exposure/opportunities to learn many aspects of the Firm s accounting operations and interact with the Firm s lawyers, secretaries and other accounting departments. This individual must be flexible, well organized, detail oriented and deadline focused.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Researching and identifying payment application and accurate postings to client invoices
* Enter client payments by entering receivables into the Elite billing system on the day of deposit Posting of daily remote deposits from other US offices and foreign offices
* Processing of unapplied cash applications and Accounts Receivable write off requests
* Review and provide required documentation for client refund requests; Work with the Accounts Payable department to process refunds and clear corresponding transactions in Elite.
* Reconcile daily deposits and record collections figure in the Firm s internal accounting site
* Follow up and clear payments posted to the Firm s unapplied cash account
* Process vendor forms for EFT/ACH payment enrollment
* Provide copies of the Firm s W-9 form upon request
* Other responsibilities include assisting the Client Accounting supervisor and manager as needed and performing other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor s level degree
* Previous law firm experience
* Data entry skills
* Knowledge of Elite Enterprise
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
* A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
* Customer service skills
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer