Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
Sabre Systems is currently hiring for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to support the NAWCAD Software Engineering Departing in the Navy Aircraft and Weapons Systems Program. This position is located at Patuxent River Naval Air Station located in Southern Maryland. As the ISSO, the selected candidate must be knowledgeable and have an understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for the Department of Defense (DoD) information systems. The selected candidate must be knowledgeable of the DoD information system security compliance and implementation guidance NIST SP 800-53 specifically Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG) based on the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
The selected candidate will:
* Develop and maintain System Security Plans (SSP) and related documentation for each supported network/system in accordance with DoD security policies. Notify ISSM when system changes occur that effect security compliance and Authorization
* Ensure Audit Reviews and risk assessments are conducted periodically for each network or system to identify specific areas that require safeguards against deliberate or inadvertent unauthorized disclosure, modification, destruction of information, denial of service, and unauthorized use of IS
o Ensure all security-related incidents are documented and reported to the ISSM and Security Officer
* Ensure all users have the requisite security clearance, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to Information System (IS)
* Ensure configuration management procedures for software, hardware and firmware are maintained or developed as required
* Bachelor s degree is required (In lieu of a degree an additional six plus (6+) years of related work experience is required)
* Two (2) years of experience implementing the national security information systems related security requirements (e.g. JAFAN, DCID, JSIG, RMF, DIACAP or NISPOM)
The selected candidate must have:
* DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce (CompTIA Security+ CE or CISSP certification)
* System Administration experience
* Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's), ACAS, and SCAP
* Understand computer networking, Ports and Protocols
* Be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
* Have excellent writing, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, and customer service skills
* Have the ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met
* The ability to develop solutions to complex IS compliance and security problems
* An active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor