Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Spectra Tech, Inc. has immediate openings for all levels of Radiological Control Technicians in Los Alamos.
The candidate should be able to perform the following:
* Provides radiological support coverage for maintenance, operational, and routine work that involves radioactive materials.
* Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination, and Airborne Radioactivity, in the work-place as required by Radiological program procedures and 10 CFR 835.
* These activities will only be performed under the direct oversight of a qualified RCT.
* Provides work coverage and oversight for maintenance, operational and routine work that involves radioactive materials.
* Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the work place.
* Perform required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, airborne radioactivity control, and surveys to categorize waste for shipment.
* Provide radiological work coverage, write radiological control work permits (RWP), enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followedduring work and respond to radiological emergencies as required. Validate safe conduct of radiological work.
* Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, and other materials as needed. Serve as radiological oversight mentors and advisors to facility personnel conducting radiological work.
* Perform ongoing RadCon surveillance and assessments. Provide evaluation feedback to the RadCon foreman and supervisor related to the adequacy of the worker radiological training and the work organizations implementation of the RadCon program.
* Maintain proficiency and qualifications through completion of work, self-study and training activities.
POSITION/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS-EXPERIENCE LEVEL
RADIOLOGICAL CONTROL TECHNICIANS -
High School diploma and DOE Core Certification preferred. Vocational college certification or equivalent in radiation protection. NRRPT certification preferred.
Two years field experience performing radiological work coverage and monitoring either in an NRC or DOE regulated activity.
* Must be familiar with, and comply with, all relevant health and safety requirements.
* Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving unsafe work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.
* Knows and complies with environmental, safety, health and pollution prevention regulations, policies, and procedures for this position. Ensures own safety and safety of coworkers.
* Reports unsafe work conditions to immediate manager. Ensures that the five core functions of the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) are understood and applied when performing job duties.
* Ensures that operational excellence is achieved through appropriate implementation of conduct of operations.
* Ability to obtain L or Q Clearance.
Spectra Tech s policy is to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with a disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.