Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Rehab Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treats patients according to physician's orders. The Speech Language Pathologist maintains required records and notes on patient care, assumes responsibility for patient charges, and provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Evaluate speech/language and swallowing abilities of patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient's age and development
* Document evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
* Determine efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes in accordance with the Speech Therapy Practice Act in the state of Texas.
* Interact and confer with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT's and OT's to implement and assess the intervention program.
* Assumes responsibility to provide Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
* Provides education, training and supervision of Certified Fellowship Year speech pathologists and speech therapy students.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* Masters in Communications Disorders from a Speech Language Pathology Program.
* Licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology.
* Prefer membership in ASHA.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.