Posted in Other 25 days ago.
Type: Full Time
EEOC Code: Operative
FLSA Code: Hourly
Position Title: PreMake Ready Specialist
Reports to: Cutting Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Date: September, 2020
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Chicago, IL team. We're recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a PreMake Ready Specialist with a pay range of 20.60 to 26.30/hour and shift differential. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs..
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you're qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: The Person who occupies this position is responsible for setting up jobs on the Bobst Presses. This involves putting together blankers and strippers. PreMake Ready Specialist understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Responsible for setting up the stripper. This involves taping the vinyl on the Pre make ready table and adjusting pins where necessary to assure 100% stripping.
* Responsible for cutting wood blocks to be used if they are not cut as needed for the job.
* Responsible for setting up the blanket. This involves taping the vinyl to the Pre make ready table and accurately affixing blocks where needed to insure high speed blanking.
* Responsible for making a blanker from steel. This involves bending and shaping the steel to conform to a given shape.
* Responsible for putting away vinyls and keeping proper inventory control through job number.
* Responsible for assisting the leadperson or press operators when needed.
* General housekeeping as needed.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* Manufacturing experience preferred
* Must have Bobst experience; blanking experience preferred.
* Must be flexible: able to work other shifts, overtime and Saturdays when needed.
* Must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have mechanical aptitude.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime.
* Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
* Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
* Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing frames into chases, pulling frames, stooping to make adjustments, visual acuity (near).
* Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Assisting press operators requires the ability to load the frames, weighing approximately 150 lbs., in to the cutting press.
* Pulling the frames from the chase or the machine by hand. The frames weigh approximately 50 - 70 lbs.
* Lifting empty pallets, weighing 25 - 40 lbs. each, and placing them at the end of the press.
* Inside conditions, extremes of heat (seasonal), humidity, noise, hazards and dust.
* Use of Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
* Bobst Cutting Press, electric handtruck, screwdriver, grinders, drill, welding equipment and other various tools.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
GPI Converting, a subsidiary of Graphic Packaging International, LLC (\\"GPI\\") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster