Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Georgia-Pacific is hiring FLAKER OPERATORS to join the team at our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. Flaker Operators will safely and effectively perform periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail. As a Flaker Operator you are also responsible for using hand tools and changing the blades on the equipment as needed and must have the ability to pay careful attention to details. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB) structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
* Communicating upset conditions and applying corrective measures in the equipment before problems escalate
* Reading technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
* Cleaning and lubricating equipment or machinery
* Performing periodic preventive maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail (PM), preventive maintenance.
* Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturer's specifications
* Performing minor machinery repairs
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing, military or industrial environment
* Willing and able to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as necessary
* Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
* Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
* Experience working with hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments
* Must be able to interpret process, instrumentation and technical drawings.
* Experience working with computers for record keeping and documentation functions
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
* Two (2) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing or industrial environment or in a comparable environment such as; military, farming, agriculture, carpentry, construction or warehousing
* Experience performing preventative maintenance schedules (PMS) in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
* Experience operating production equipment or large industrial equipment
* Experience working with mechanical processes
* Experience performing mathematical calculations on a regular basis.
WHO IS GEORGIA-PACIFIC?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern(R), Angel Soft(R), Brawny(R), enMotion(R), Sparkle(R), Mardi Gras(R), and Vanity Fair(R), as well as the Dixie(R) brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf