Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Water Resources/Stormwater Management group in our Ashburn, VA office.
The successful candidate will provide all facets of management oversight for our water resources engineering projects, covering a wide range of potential disciplines, including stream restoration design, stormwater management, watershed management, environmental permitting, MS4 program development and compliance, TMDL planning and implementation, and stormwater infrastructure management and maintenance projects for the group s clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Provide leadership on the development of project/task scopes of work and budgets for new engagements, including recommended allocation of firm assets to complete assignments on time and on budget
* Manage and mentor project staff responsible for technical execution of project assignments to ensure timely delivery of assigned work
* Serve as primary point of contact for client staff in the execution/delivery of project/task assignments
* Track deliverable development, project/task budget, and provide project/task status tracking updates for clients
* Assist company leadership with business development activities, including potential client/opportunity recognition, strategic teaming, proposal construction, and oral presentations
* Provide technical/design leadership for stream restoration assessment and design projects
* Manage field teams performing assessments of BMPs and water quality screening of stormwater outfalls
* Support hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to investigate storm drainage issues, floodplain studies, stream restoration, dam safety analyses, and support stormwater management designs
* Prepare engineering and construction cost estimates
* Support MS4/VSMP permit program development & implementation for municipal clients
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Bachelor s or master s degree in Civil Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, or a closely related degree
* The ideal candidate will have 6-10 years of professional experience to include extensive stream restoration design experience
* Professional Engineer registration in Virginia
* Completion of Rosgen Levels I-IV stream restoration training classes desired
* Experience with mapping and data analysis using ArcGIS
* Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, HEC-HMS/RAS, SWMM, Bentley Software
* Must have a strong work ethic, high energy, and be self-motivated
* Must be dependable, responsible and have good written/verbal communications skills
* Must have a valid driver s license
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.