Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A day in the life of a Maintenance Mechanic at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Checks, adjusts and balances air handler systems to insure proper flow and temperature
* Checks steam system for proper pressures and make the necessary repairs
* Responsible for kitchen appliance and refrigeration repair
* Maintains building temperatures at prescribed levels by operating and utilizing central DDC computer energy management systems
* Performs preventative maintenance inspections on all heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, medical gas systems and associated equipment
* Inspects and calibrates pneumatic system and controls
* Maintains proper water treatment conditions for cooling towers and related equipment
* Repairs and/or replaces compressors, fans, pumps, evaporators and condensers
* Evacuates charge and adjusts Freon-charged air conditioning and refrigeration systems
* Inspects, checks and maintains daily all heating and air conditioning systems to operate in an energy efficient manner
* Must have High School Diploma or GED
* Must have at least 3 to 5 years Maintenance experience within a Healthcare environment
* Must have HVAC, Commercial Electrical , or Controls experience.
* Good communication and Customer Service skills required
* Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including alternating weekends and holidays when needed
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.