Posted in Other 25 days ago.
The Patient Service Specialist I provides a range of entry level intake and associated services pertaining to admitting patients.The Patient Service Specialist I facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support.In addition, the Patient Service Specialist I performs the following functions:
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing.
- Inputs patient registration information into the computer registration system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Prepares required forms orders and maintains inventory of supplies as required.
The ideal Patient Service Specialist I is organized, detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required