Posted in Other 20 days ago.
Type: Full Time
MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation , Spectra-Physics and Ophir , leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Ophir-Spiricon leads the industry in high quality tools for analyzing and characterizing laser beams with a wide array of cameras, sensors, and industry leading software. Our software is what differentiates us from other beam profilers and we are committed to build on and improve our software products. To that end, we are looking for a software engineer who is motivated to learn the exciting world of Photonics and assist us in the improvement and growth of our products. This position is in software development where it will be required to quickly learn our products and participate in development of new product as well as maintenance and support of existing products. The person must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent cross-functional projects. Our team is a self-managing team and we are looking for good team players who can work well with others.
POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Participate in daily scrum
* Take on tasks and contribute to successful project development
* Participate in test first methodolgy
* Develop end to end tests for new and existing software
* BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Experience with C++, C#, and .NET
* 0-3 years software development experience
* Experience with Object Oriented Design principles
* Experience with MS Visual Studio
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with Test Complete is desired
* Strong physics and math background is desired
* Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) is desired
* Experience with Scrum
* Experience with WPF is a plus
* Domestic & international travel
* Occasional work hour flexibility to accommodate international conferencing and deadlines
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, for positions requiring access to export-controlled goods and technical data that are subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MKS Instruments. Inc. may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. Government. As such, applicants for these positions, except U.S. persons (generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals (holder of a US Passport), lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees), may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.