Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Brand has helped evolve, promote and protect some of the world’s most iconic and celebrated brands. We aspire to do work that moves people – work that inspires people to not only buy, but to ‘buy in’ to brands and what they stand for. We thrive off the energy, heart and hustle of the city around us and apply that same passion to everything we do. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, food and beverage, luxury and technology – we are fanatics about finding an insight or truth that will inform smart strategy, breakthrough creative, and brilliant programming.
The Vice President of Purpose Branding will help lead purpose strategy on one of Edelman’s top clients, a recognized leader in purpose and sustainability. This is a great opportunity to develop and deploy purpose initiatives across an exciting global business touching some of society’s most pressing issues.
Joining a team of specialists leading Edelman Purpose, the role will focus on: driving purpose strategy across key brands; leading impact planning, programming and partnership development; and working closely with planning, account and creative teams from strategy through creative development and campaign execution to ensure successful implementation.
If you are passionate about issues, highly strategic, have expertise in social impact theory and implementation, and are motivated to bring that expertise to bear working in integrated, collaborative and creative teams, then this role is for you.
· Advisory: Provide strategic counsel along the purpose spectrum (from supply chain to consumer marketing) and across multiple brands and issues
· Strategy: Lead brand purpose development and impact strategy on key brands
· Integration & Implementation: Collaborate with account and creative teams to effectively integrate purpose into creative and activation plans and ensure successful implementation
· Education & Team Building: Act as a resource educating teams and clients in latest thinking, train up new team members and ambassadors, and liaise with global Edelman Purpose leadership and knowledge management to share resources
· Client Engagement & Strategy: Build strong and lasting relationships with purpose and sustainability clients, act as a strong counsellor and advisor across brands and clients
· Expertise: Display superior presentation skills and convey expertise in presenting to clients
· Business Development: Identify opportunities to develop business with existing clients, resource projects, make growth projections, identify staff and talent needs
· Operations: Work with account teams to ensure optimal operational and financial performance, ensuring quality work and client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion
· At least 8 years of relevant professional experience
· Deep purpose and sustainability expertise: Ability to provide authoritative strategic counsel to clients and teams across issues and along the purpose and sustainability spectrum
· Passion for purpose brand building: Have a deep understanding of and passion for purpose as an engine of brand and business growth, as well as societal impact
· Creative and collaborative thinker: Understand the value of purpose branding when executed creatively across touch-points, appetite to work with integrated teams to make that happen
· Understanding of marketing & earned landscape: Have an informed perspective on the value of purpose to drive earned programming and the role of purpose in earning attention and engagement in today’s complex marketing and media environment
· Leadership: Proven leadership skills with the ability to grow and engage with savvy professionals by way of motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and most importantly, leading by example.
· Operations: Have experience working with teams to manage resources and budgets
All Edelman staff create their performance goals in partnership with their supervisor and undergo an annual 360-degree review process. You will be evaluated on skill and behavioral competencies, with hard and soft measures including (but not limited to) revenue growth, personal leadership style, innovation and creativity, strategic thinking, contributions to NY Brand’s culture and team retention rates.