Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs ( CAAHEP ) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools ( ABHES ) accredited program of surgical technology, or LPN with at least 10 years in a Surgical Technician role, or certified as a surgical technologist or certified as a surgical technologist first assistant by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting ( NBSTSA ), or graduate of a military training program (validated with a DD214 or graduation certificate), or UKHC employee who is already in a Surgical Technician role as of 09/17/2016
36 hours per week and possible weekends and holidays with call. Days, Evenings and/or Night shifts
The primary responsibilities for these positions include: Pass surgical instruments in operating room. Maintain strict sterile field, assist/perform surgical case counts. Obtains necessary supplies/instruments for such cases and checks for completeness and working order. Opens room independently or in conjunction with the circulating nurse (depending on case complexity). Sets up and maintains sterile field until the patient exits the room. Maintains a neat and orderly sterile field during each case. Passes instruments to surgeons, anticipating needs. Monitors for breaks in sterile technique and takes corrective action when identified. Performs counts in accordance with policy
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* As part of your Surgical Technology education, have you completed a clinical rotation at UK Healthcare Chandler or Good Samaritan Hospitals?
* Have you or will you graduate from an accredited program of Surgical Technology?
* University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
* Where did you first see this position advertised?
UK Jobs Website
Military Connection Advertisement
"I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
* University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?