Posted in Management 15 days ago.
This is a position as a Materials Planner within the Heavy Duty Truck industry. The job will require a high degree in proficiency to plan and drive raw material schedules of purchased components to meet manufacturing and customer schedules of finished products. The person selected must be capable of functioning well within a fast phased and date driven environment. The job position will be responsible for the daily planning, scheduling, expediting and communication with suppliers of assigned material components to ensure that inventory levels and customer delivery goals are met.
• Analyze and plan materials requirements for assigned parts based on customer and forecast demand of finished products.
• Maintain supplier materials releases within the MRP system for assigned supplier base and follow up with suppliers on released schedules.
• Efficiently communicate discrepancies and schedule changes with suppliers that assure delivery schedules are met 100% on time.
• Expedite and coordinate supplier material deliveries into the plant.
• Communicate all supplier quality related issues to the quality group such as DMN’s.
• Maintain inventory cost at or below stipulated goals.
• Track and report monthly on Supplier Delivery performance, MPV and Inventory turns.
• Maintain part and supplier planning data within the MRP system.
• Work with Purchasing, Engineering and Quality on new or changes to existing products or suppliers and arrange for submission and inspection of sample products.
• Visit suppliers as necessary to assist in resolution of production or delivery problems.
• Provide support on projects and perform miscellaneous other job assignments as required.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement programs and plant value analysis.
• Maintain plant/corporate expectations for policies and procedures, safety, housekeeping (5S) & environmental (ISO 14001); quality TS16949; HR, production, IT, finance, materials, maintenance and engineering while achieving or exceeding the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals.
• BA/BS degree preferred with a preferred emphasis in business administration, economics or +5 years of purchasing or material planning experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Complete or strong understanding of supply chain management and the process flow of materials.
• Strong planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization and to the outside supplier base.
• Computer literate as it relates to materials requirement planning (MRP) systems and basic software programs (Excel, Word, Access, e-mail etc.). MRP experience is a plus.
• Good understanding of BOM structures and part number correlations.
• Must be able to recognize, organize and prioritize material issues for timely resolution in a fast phased environment.
• Excellent attendance and time management.
• Ability to give and receive feedback.
• Must be able to access all areas of the facility and meet other physical requirements of the position.