Overview Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world's first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer "icing on the cake" - they're critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Success Profile Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
Culture Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens. Learn More
"Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we've done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly." - Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Trending Our Microsoft Partnership Learn More Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in stores Learn more
Paid Time Off
As part of Information Security Delivery team you will be part of the group that delivers develops vulnerability testing for customers. As a leader of this team you will work within and with other manual testing teams to help customers leverage the Client's Application Security Platform to measure and manage their application security risks across the enterprise. These platforms include both automated and manual application and network security testing efforts The leader in this team will actively collaborate across IT and business areas within area of specified responsibility to ensure effective results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources. Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility.
• Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT. Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may develop implementations. Ensures resources are accurately allocated in line with tactical plans and appropriately accounted for at all times.
• Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as desired, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
• Develops, maintains and enhances an excellent working relationship with the vendor company. In addition, develops solid relationships at senior levels with vendor and Walgreens' leadership. Develops, maintains, and enhances excellent working relationship with assigned partners and proactively ensures deepening of vendor relationships between partner and Walgreens.
• Manages the vendor relationship including choosing in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
• Reviews and approves any request prioritizations. Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities.
• Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
• Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
• May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
• Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
• Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
• Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
• Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
• Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; creates and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine's 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to
At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Knowledge of all aspects of secure development lifecycle, threat modeling, and web application security assessments
Knowledge in coding applications and secure coding practices
Knowledge and experience with both automated tools and manual techniques used to identify web application and web service vulnerabilities and attack methods including the OWASP top 10.
Knowledge in vulnerability management systems
Knowledge in container Security and container vulnerability management
Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
Master's degree OR MBA
Experience in vendor relationship management
At least 1 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 1 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work