Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: US-OR-Ashland Req ID: 2020-6248 Position Category: Faculty/Provider Position Type: Regular Part-Time Job Type: Faculty Department: School of Nursing Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and education HR Mission: Academics
The OHSU School of Nursing in Ashland is located on the Southern Oregon University campus, a nationally renowned liberal arts and science university located in the foothills of the Siskiyou mountains.
Clinical faculty participate in the teaching mission of the SON; specific activities and responsibilities are based on faculty rank. Faculty members in the clinical series are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising.
Function/Duties of Position
1. Clinical Activities (not related to teaching or research): Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practice based on teaching assignment.
2. Scholarly Activities (research/writing, abstracts, grant supported work, presentations, etc.): Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
3. Education Activities (include types of teaching and types of student taught): Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university's missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Education: Master's degree in nursing.
Registrations, Certifications and/or Licenses: Oregon RN license and current CPR card.
Experience: Three years of clinical practice experience.
Education: Doctorate preferred.
Experience: Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher preferred.