Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The VP Database Manager s role will be responsible for leading a team of Senior and Junior Level Database Administrators in the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and performance of critical database systems, to ensure high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. The Database Administration team provides 24x7 database and production support for all database systems ensuring their database integrity, security and availability. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills with advanced skillsets Oracle performance, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills to perform Production Support of financial applications using Oracle database technologies.
* Managing and Leading a team of Oracle DBAs
* Assisting in the design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise database systems
* Monitor backup jobs on all databases and perform routine disaster recovery scenarios
* Participate in on-call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays.
* Establish and maintain database policies and standards
* Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
* Plan and coordinate data refreshes from one environment to another
* Monitor database system details within the database and implement efficiency improvements.
* Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
* Perform database transaction and security audits.
* Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery and common problem resolution
* Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
* Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
* Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management.
Formal Education & Certification:
* Bachelor s Degree in the field of computer science/engineering and/or 7 years of equivalent work experience with Oracle database administration and/or Oracle development.
* Oracle Certification desirable
Essential Skills & Experience:
* 7+ years direct experience managing and supporting Oracle Database Servers
* Expert knowledge and experience in Database Performance, Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
* Hands on experience with database security, auditing, backup/restore, DR and high availability
* Experience with data partitioning, indexing best practices, compression, etc
* Experience in installation and configuration of Oracle in Virtualized Environments
* Experience in Linux/Unix command line
* Experience in Solarwinds Monitoring and DPA (Ignite) a plus
* Experience in financial services is a plus.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Knowledge of Incident/Problem Management and is familiar with ITIL processes in a critical production environment.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong technical documentation skills.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are ONE TEAM ON ONE MISSION. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it s like to work at LPL* Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits* Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
INFORMATION ON INTERVIEWS:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @LPL.COM email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.