Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Bunge (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Responsible for leadership in ensuring compliance and timely execution of bulk vessel and container shipments exporting from the U.S. and Canada. This role is a critical link between corporate functions, external service providers and regulatory agencies under which Bunge operates throughout North America. This role manages U.S. and Canada Export Execution to determine the most timely and efficient options for document issuance and receipt of payment from the buyer in accordance with U.S. and foreign regulations. Provides leadership on projects, implementation of global initiatives, training, audits, and recordkeeping.
- Manage the activities of Export Execution, including functional oversight of Destrehan Freight Forwarder, in a manner that demonstrates support and compliance of Bunge's core values and key capabilities.
- Develop and deploy strategies that enable growth, improve costs and ensure performance of industry best practices.
- Create and foster a continuous improvement approach for execution activities.
- Develop and maintain effective systems and controls to monitor compliant and timely export execution and export invoicing activities.
- Develop and implement contingency plans to address export execution risks
- Act as primary point of contact for regulatory authorities including, but not limited to, USDA, FGIS/GIPSA, APHIS, PPQ, CFIA, CBSA, CBP, etc. Assist in drafting internal response to inquiries and audits.
- Responsible for consultations with stakeholders and primary affiliate liaison to provide clear guidance on Analysis, Certifications and Contract Language for Bulk Grain and Bulk Oil vessels in addition to Bulk and Packaged Container shipments.
- Responsible for providing oversight and guidance on contract amendments to ensure alignment of export and destination country regulations, export compliance and customer obligations.
- Designated role to analyze and decipher industry trade rules and make recommendations for mitigating risk in business decisions.
- Govern third party service provider management, (i.e. surveyors, fumigators, agents, freight forwarders, NVOCC's, etc.), includes facilitation of business reviews, governance of SOP's, retention of price sheets and MSA's, and metric reporting.
- Ensure service provider's performance meets service and quality requirements while remaining cost competitive.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders to drive business strategy through evaluation of vendor compliance, use of technologies, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for compliance execution of GSM Trade flow program, including bid submissions through USDA WBSM system and thorough knowledge of CCC regulatory requirements.
- Resident subject matter expert to negotiate U.S. and foreign trade structured bank flows, analyze Letters of Credit per International Chamber of Commerce UCP 600 guidelines, and ensure bank collections meet URC 522 requirements while verifying compliance with OFAC trade policies.
- Oversight of comprehensive risk analysis activities for string sales to initiate a document bypass proposal and/or payment proposal when possible.
- Oversight of audit and approval activities associated with Load Orders, Document Instructions, Invoices, etc. in addition to thorough and regularly scheduled audit of export execution recordkeeping files.
- Responsible for overseeing interpretation of customer's documentary requirements to issue documents accordingly, including prompt resolution of concerns for title documents to avoid issuance of indemnification to any parties.
- Responsible BNA export execution monthly metric dashboard report to review trends, assess anomalies and provide corrective action recommendations for areas of concern identified.
- Assist the Director with budgetary oversight for U.S. and Canada export execution operational expenses.
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of training requirements for all execution staff, including training program maintenance and development to align with a changing regulatory environment.
- Develop and maintain standardized export execution processes and standard work instructions in the performance of route export execution activities while integrating global strategy and initiatives.
- Must be highly analytical and possess innovative and creative thinking skills to develop timely resolution.
- Lead and support business process changes to align with regulatory changes.
- Responsible for oversight of BNA project implementation for Global Trade Execution Standardization projects.
- Responsible for BNA Export Execution Continuous Improvement and Cost Savings project deck.
- Active participant in industry working groups to review, evaluate and propose alternate solutions to changing global regulatory requirements.
- Complete oversight of contract execution including application and settlement of export contracts.
- Responsible for third party and affiliate invoice transactions.
- Responsible for resolution of concerns for value chain stakeholders, including customers, trading desks, loading facilities, third party vendors and regulatory agencies to ensure timely processing and submission of export documentation package.
- Responsible for ensuring timely submissions and amendments of EEI filing requests in accordance with 15 CFR Part 30 regulatory requirements and BNA EEI policy.
- Perform party screenings via MK Denial and use professional judgement in assessing potential matches prior to release of export documents.
- Ownership for accuracy of the export documentation, data and/or filings presented to customers and government authorities to support document audit and reconciliation activities.
- Maintain export files in good order as per BNA Record Retention policy and in accordance of 15 CFR 762.6 and 30 CFR 501.601.
- Regularly participate in continuing education classes and review industry guidelines to ensure skillsets are current and work activities are performed in compliance with regulatory changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leadership: Able to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled