Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
GENERAL HELPER LABORER $500 BONUS
Houston, TX, USA Req #5833
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
The General Helper Laborer Safely perform duties to apply aggregated fiber -reinforced polymer coating to panels and accessories. Monitor quality from the continuous urethane line, trim department, and texture operation to finalize preparation of insulated panels, complying with instructions and prescribed routines, methods or procedures and involving the making of minor decisions.
$500 bonus paid after ninety days of employment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
* Understand production releases, package summary, and package identification procedures.
* Know how to recognize underlayment set up for different product scenarios.
* Perform preventive and operating maintenance.
* Know how to use all hand tools and measurement devices associated with texture preparation and quality control.
* Operate machinery within safety guidelines and quality guidelines.
* Perform daily housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe, clutter free work area.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* A minimum of (1) one year of related work experience in manufacturing environment, or equivalent related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to employ courtesy and tact in dealing with people
* Must demonstrate proficiency in resolving unexpected events and circumstances.
* Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
* Ability to work with a diversified work force
* Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micometer).
* Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to walk.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks.
* Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, welding jacket or weld bibs, safety glasses, welding hood and earplugs.)
Before initiating work at Cornerstone Building Brand the employee is required to read and understand the position s Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with Cornerstone Building Brand safety training, Cornerstone Building Brand and OSHA regulations.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Hourly
* Required Education High School