Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is the premier choice for delivering world-class aviation projects. More than 450 airports in 40 countries have counted on us to plan, construct, enhance, and sustain their landside and airside infrastructure-totaling more than $175 billion in construction value. We have worked on some of the largest International airports around the world!
Would you enjoy being involved in a wide variety of engineering tasks on large-scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Deputy Project Manager to help our client oversee the Automated People Mover being constructed at LAX.The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for coordination and administration of the Automated People Mover; serves as LAWA's deputy representative with the developer; supports the APM Project Manager in all aspects of completing the review of the design deliverables, and coordinates interface with the APM construction management team through construction. Responsibilities:
* Oversees office and engineering teams review and comments regarding the developer's design documents, APM construction execution, and closeout
* Reports technical variances and progress to the project manager.
* Leads or is a participant in meetings and or negotiations with developers regulatory agencies, and third parties in support of LAWA.
* Assures APM execution is in compliance with applicable criteria, codes, and regulations.
* Assures Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents are adhered to in the field, as required.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)15+ years of related field engineering experience with rail, transit, or similar large scale infrastructure
Familiarity with P3 would be helpfulBroad general engineering background and previous supervisory experience in a project engineering role is required
* P.E. or professional license or certification
* Familiar with the integration of engineering/technical aspects, as well as procurement and construction activities.
Must be relocatable to Los Angeles
Broad general technical background, as well as some previous project management experience on similar or related projects.Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on the project.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://parsoncorporation.contacthr.com/77435753.jpg /