Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
We are hiring a Construction Inspector in support of USACE and Tyndall Air Force Base Reconstruction.
Parsons extensive experience combined with your attention to detail and skill with financial reconciliations, including analysis of accounts receivable and unbilled aging reports, and analysis of reserves. At this level, the Inspectors document non-conformance and may participate in determining appropriate resolution. In this role, you will perform the most difficult and complex inspection tasks, including assessing adherence to quality control procedures for steel. Inspects various facets of work on the construction site and performs continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in one or more of the following areas: soils, concrete, steel, mechanical, or electrical. You may frequently serves in the capacity of Lead Inspector. Willingness to travel and/or to relocate to field sites is expected. Responsibilities:
* Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following: Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
* Performs destructive and nondestructive tests on metals and other materials through magnaflex, dyepenetrant, radiographic, tension and compression, paint thickness, and resistivity.
* Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade. Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure loc ation and bearing. Validates piping systems, including P&ID checks and hydraulic or other pressure tests.
* Checks location of reinforcing steel before placement of concrete.
* Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
* Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity.
* Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
* Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations.
* Administers welder qualification tests.
* Recommends job safety practices and drafts safety reports.
* Prepares quality control reports and recommends changes to procedures.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
* Associate's degree in a technical discipline or construction related field and 10+ years of experience on large scale Department of Defense construction projects
* Formal certification from an independent organization, depending on type of inspection assignment.
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
* Have the potential to perform in a lead capacity
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://parsoncorporation.contacthr.com/77443483.jpg /