Posted in Other 8 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Filmetrics, a KLA company, is the market leader in 3D optical surface profiling and thin-film thickness measurement systems. Filmetrics products combine innovative hardware solutions with intuitive, easy to use software, tied together with a pioneering online platform. Filmetrics is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
* Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and optical assemblies that do not meet testing criteria
* Diagnose and repair returned customer merchandise
* Contribute to a documented troubleshooting guide
* Be a technical resource for the assembly staff
* Build and test mechanical, optical, and electronic assemblies
* Perform routine inventory control and component inspection
* Collaborate with engineering to resolve problems with components and procedures
* Perform independent quality audits of manufactured goods
* Participate in the continuous improvement of assembly documentation
* This position is based in San Diego, CA *
* Associate degree or equivalent technical training
* Accumulated 5 or more years of manufacturing-related experience preferred, ideally with optics and electro-optics
* Experience in a manufacturing environment as an assembler or technician
* Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines, while keeping a keen awareness of the impact on other areas of the organization
* Knowledge of ESD practices
* Demonstrated high attention to detail - perfectionists are encouraged to apply!
* Ability to read and follow assembly documents in their entirety
* Strong communication skills
* Leadership experience
* Familiarity with hand and machine tools
* Experience with power tools and machining equipment
* Experience with electronic test equipment
* Ability to solder and work with electronic assemblies
* Ability to work with crimp tools, wires, and cable assemblies
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.