Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Director, Delivery and Resource Management
LOCATION: United States
JOB ID: 291
# OF OPENINGS: 1
The Director of Delivery and Resource Management, supporting our Chief Information Officer, will serve as both a strategic leader and front-line coach for a high-performing team within Ultra. Role-holder will oversee the organization, development, coaching, and allocation of technical resources across various projects.
While also supporting the executive, this change agent will develop and lead the geographically dispersed team across the USA, UK, and Canada; enabling staff to perform to their fullest potential. This position will directly manage up to 70 staff within the Group. Role-holder should be able to perform at the Senior Leadership level, but also be able to coach and mentor our most junior team members.
* Building and managing a team and determining hiring needs based on the requirements of each project and working closely with HR to ensure we have a pipeline of deployable resources that meet our requirements.
* Complete regular check-ins and reviews with each team members to ensure that they are adequately assigned to roles, are delivering against plans, and re-confirm expectations where required.
* Leading through strong communication skills, motivational abilities, and developing talent
* Ensuring that employees are competent to carry out their role by providing training and coaching, setting development plans, and providing timely feedback.
* Leading employment lifecycle activities: recruitment, onboarding, development, retention, and exit.
* Providing detailed reporting and planning information to the project team and early identification of risk in skills and capacity to ensure that we are constantly reviewing that our deployment plans are effective.
* Understanding all program / project timelines & deadlines, risks & mitigations, to always provide the most appropriate resourcing solution.
* Working closely with the Group IT Leadership team to ensure all resource requests are fulfilled utilizing the right talent and in a timely manner.
* Conducting talent audits to identify gaps and source talent to support Ultra s roadmap.
* Having a planning/forward thinking approach with attention to detail.
* Other duties as assigned
* 5+ years of experience in a similar strategic level management role
* 5+ years of experience of building and managing high performing teams
* 5+ years of experience in front-line management experience: hiring/termination, performance management, motivating/developing, and handling crucial conversations
* 5+ years of experience in Resource Management and Deployment across high-risk/high-value change projects
* 5+ years of experience in leading projects within a remote and matrix environment across multiple locations
* Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel
* This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
* Military (cyber/intelligence) or logistics experience preferred, though not required
* Exceptional planning and organizational skills managing multiple hard or soft resources
* Excellent task management skills, ability to prioritize own workload, and the workload of others, based on tactical and strategic business priorities
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and frequent change with a flexible and cooperative approach
* Ability to act on own initiative with excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to manage within allocated budgets and be able to plan and forecast based on business priorities.
* Well versed in risk and issue management and implementing tools and process to minimize risk. Identifies quickly the key issues and risks and skilled at utilizing own and other skills and techniques to overcome them.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex situations; responsible and accountable for own decision making.
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Ultra Electronics is a family of companies and a world-leading Defense & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport and Energy company. Ultra's products and services are used on aircraft, ships, submarines, armored vehicles, surveillance and communication systems, nuclear power systems, airports and transport systems around the world. Learn more about the family of companies by visiting: http://ultra.group
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com