Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
As the Marketing Specialist, you will drive profitable growth across Sonoco s consumer packaging segment in key strategic markets by understanding the various Division capabilities, the value chain needs, and gaps, and recommending multi-year strategic plans. You will report to the Director of Market Development.
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING:
* The successful candidate will recommend profitable growth opportunities. The candidate s primary responsibility is to develop short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for prioritized markets across all consumer packaging formats. Detailed plans will identify links and synergies between business units, market potential, and Sonoco s value proposition.
* Responsible for helping lead front end of Sonoco s i6 Innovation Process . This includes identifying key white space areas/trends, generating insights, developing and testing concepts, and recommending top opportunities for commercialization.
* Responsible for understanding and communicating broader segment assigned (i.e. Food, Beverage, Healthcare) to identify growth opportunities based on unmet needs and changing segment dynamics to incorporate into strategic plans. As determined necessary, identification of external partnerships and incorporating future consumer/retailer/technology/sustainability as applicable.
* Responsible for supporting key strategic end-use markets as prioritized by Consumer Leadership and all other assigned markets as needed with data analysis, general and division updates, presentations, previously created marketing collateral, and trade show support.
* Work closely with Directors of Marketing and Commercial leaders to consult, gain alignment, and incorporate the voice of customer and market intelligence into business plans.
* Participates in strategic reviews with Sonoco Leadership.
* Develops, plans, and provides input into VP, Marketing & Innovation annual budget.
This position is in a perfect location at our corporate headquarters in Hartsville, SC, and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC, and Charlotte, NC).
WE D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
* Defining, quantifying, and enhancing distinctive value propositions; and commercializing new products/services.
* Strategic, innovative, critical thinker with the ability to plan and align work at a tactical level.
* Highly adaptable, energized by rapid change and ambiguity.
* Strong analytical, facilitation, presentation, and risk assessment skills.
* Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple business divisions and functional areas (Marketing Research, Sales, R&D, Corporate Communications).
* Ability to understand and thrive in a highly complex business model where multiple sources of revenue and profitability combine to create a sustainable, competitive advantage.
AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Finance, Business Management or Marketing; MBA desired.
* Excellent communication and outstanding customer-relations skills.
* Packaging industry, innovation management or consumer brand management a plus
This is a progression position and the level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.
WHY YOU LL LIKE WORKING WITH US:
We care about YOU through employee development, providing excellent benefits, investing in your future, and valuing diversity and inclusion.
Sonoco founded in 1899 is a global provider of consumer and industrial packaging products. With annualized net sales of $5.4 billion, we have over 20,000 employees, 300 operations in 36 countries, serving some of the world s best-known brands. Our greatest strength is our people. At Sonoco, People Build Businesses by doing the right thing. We are successful in developing employees natural strengths and providing long term career development and employment stability. We ve developed a culture where employees feel valued, respected, and appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.