Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SONOCO PROTECTIVE SOLUTIONS, CONYERS GA HAS 1 OPENING FOR MATERIAL HANDLER 3RD SHIFT
CANDIDATE MUST PERFORM TASKS THAT ARE NECESSARY TO PROVIDE HIGH QUALITY, EFFICIENT, TIMELY OPERATION IN THE PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT.
* A good safety record with no progressive discipline safety violations within the past 12 months.
* No progressive disciplines for attendance or quality in the last 12 months.
* Satisfactory job performance on the last supervisor appraisal.
* Ability to work with others plus strong organizational skills.
* The position requires the Material Handler to be Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certified. Candidates that do not have PIT Certification will be required to pass the certification while training in this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Safety in the workplace is paramount. When operating a forklift or clamp truck, procedures must be followed to ensure the safe operation of the PIT.
* LOTO certified for equipment associated with the position
* Position requires a self-motivated individual who can multi-task in a fast paced production and warehouse setting
* Complete daily forklift inspection report (OSHA requirement) report all mechanical and electrical problems
* Provides safe, effective, and efficient raw material and finished goods movement
* Move materials between plant and warehouse and to other shipping/storage areas including trailers
* Check and verifies product tags, markings, and labels for accuracy while in the process of loading or unloading trailers
* Stacking product on pallets. Load machines with materials. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Load and operate corrugate baler and transfer baled corrugate to recycle trailer
* Verifies inventory levels and assists with inventory counting; arranges and sorts warehouse stock
* Maintains cleanliness of the area and follows good housekeeping procedures
* May have to become proficient with the use of Oracle should the plant transition to a barcode system with forklift mounted computers and scanners
* Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of safety and quality
* Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.