Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
We at BMC/SSO will be a sleep industry leader. We are passionate about finding the right options for every unique need. Not only do we value our customers, we value our co-workers and communities. We take pride in the open, friendly, and transparent environment that is built within our walls. We strive for excellence in our products, services, and the way in which we conduct ourselves. At BMC/SSO, you will be a part of so much more than a sleep industry, but an authentic community. At BMC/SSO we have a lucrative commission structure, bonus incentives, and an exceptional employee purchase program. We encourage you to apply and discover what sets BMC/SSO apart from the rest of the industry.
Responsible for driving/riding in company vehicles and assisting warehouse supervisory staff with all aspects of merchandise delivery. Perform customer deliveries within their homes for goods purchased in our retail stores. Perform various duties in the warehouse and stores related to transfer of product and stocking of floor merchandise as assigned. Perform service calls to customers as well as while in customers homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps/GPS navigation and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Responsible for accurately picking, loading and safely transporting merchandise in company vehicles to both internal and external customers while ensuring minimal damage occurs.
- Responsible to care for all company and customer property and to conform to all area (state and federal) laws and regulations including roadway height and weight limits.
- Ensure that a daily safety inspection of delivery/transfer vehicle has been performed according to established company policy / procedure as well as USDOT guidelines.
- Maintain the vehicle in clean and good working order at all times, and report maintenance and/or repair needs for company vehicles as they arise to the appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing the BMC/SSO delivery driver manual and executing any special instructions related to the day's deliveries and/or make contact with appropriate sales staff when special instructions/circumstances cannot be accommodated.
- Ensure all contingencies are prepared for prior to making customer contact and beginning the day's deliveries.
- Responsible to make phone contact with all customers during routes for all deliveries as assigned by the warehouse supervisory staff.
- Confirm delivery directions to customer's residence during each contact.
- Responsible to ensure that the correct merchandise is delivered and properly set up in the customer's home and the removal of old merchandise from each delivery location as requested by customers or store personnel is done according to established company policy / procedure.
- Ensure that the delivery assistant is outside of the vehicle providing guidance to the driver when encountering tight or unsafe situations, or when backing the vehicle.
- Responsible for solving problems as they occur on the delivery route, and notifying customers, store and warehouse supervisory personnel immediately of any major problems that could negatively affect the pick-up, delivery or transfer of merchandise.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required paperwork and, for accurately documenting, tagging, and marking all product and /or BMC/SSO merchandise prior to returning it to the appropriate store or warehouse daily.
- Responsible for the transfer of product to store locations as needed; placing the merchandise in stock and/or assisting store personnel in merchandising their floors as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Document all delivery/transfer activity and ensure that store personnel sign the appropriate documents at each location per company policies.
- Perform the duties of Warehouse Specialist during periods of increased/reduced business or illness of Warehouse Associates as assigned by warehouse supervisory staff.
- GPS system navigation
- Delivery systems and application use
- Time Clock Systems
- Forklift experience preferred
Required Skills and Competencies
- Clear motor vehicle record
- Strong ability to connect with customers, build trust, and foster relationship
- Ability to understand internal inventory SKU numbers
- Strong oral and written communication
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office (experience with Dispatch Track or other logistics software is a plus)
- Excellent strategic planning, organization, and time management
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of home delivery experience
- 1+ year driving a box truck
- Meet state requirements for Class licenses (varies per state)
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid Driver's License
- Forklift Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a warehouse environment, in a company vehicle and in customer homes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, listen, reach, walk and use their hands. The employee needs to have the ability to lift 75+ pounds frequently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BMC Mattress LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BMC Mattress LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BMC Mattress LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BMC Mattress LLC's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discipline.