Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Cardio-IMCU Department is a 30 bed patient care Department that is broken into two sections based on acuity and patient diagnosis: A 12-bed IMCU (critical care step-down unit) and a 18-bed Cardiology unit. Although this is a single cost center, the two pieces of Cardio-IMCU will contain their own admission/discharge criteria. The admission criteria/patient population will essentially be:
* Cardiology will be admitting patients with cardiac-related primary and/or secondary diagnosis as well as rule-out chest pain patients including such patients as non-emergent post heart-cath/procedure patients, congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, etc. The nurses on this unit will manage some cardiac-related infusions, such as established Amiodarone, Milrinone, Bumex, Lasix, Heparin, etc.
* IMCU will care for patients who require a level of care higher than the inpatient floors can provide, but who do not warrant admission to the Intensive Care Unit. These patients have a very wide range of diagnosis, and require specialty medication infusion, specialty oxygen delivery devices, and continuous monitoring of vital signs.
The staff of Cardio-IMCU will consist of Patient Care Unit Coordinators (PCUC), Staff RN, Shift Supervisors, and a Manager/Educator. Each staff member will undergo an exciting and structured orientation in which they are trained to care for every patient placed on both the IMCU and Cardiology portions of the unit.
Accountable for the health status and for health needs of patients based upon interpretation of health data and preventative health practices in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members. Responsible for the ongoing assessment, care planning and coordination with the multidisciplinary team, advanced treatment, and reassessment of patients. Advanced treatment includes such skills as monitoring of ECG and other parameters and advanced medication infusion and oxygen delivery.
Education/Licenses and Certifications:
* Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
* Current License as RN in the State of Texas
* American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support Certification
* ACLS and NIH Stroke Scale Certifications within 6 months (goal) of hire within Cardiology/IMCU
* Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately
* Must exhibit desire to exemplify the BSA culture, including the BSA Mission, Vision and the BSA Way
* Good interpersonal and customer service skills
* Good organizational and follow-through skills
* Ability to multi-task constantly and tolerate interruptions
* Ability to give directions to others
* Assist with the plan of care, evaluate and coordinate care with other disciplines
* Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..