Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Part Time
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of personalized, professional and quality patient care, internal and external customer service, performance of all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, emergency airway/respiratory management, documentation of the procedures performed and their effects, cleaning and performing user service on the equipment, preparation of all departmental paperwork, answering the department's telephone, scheduling of patients, entering and retrieving patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) and maintaining the work area in a clean and organized manner.
* Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, "can do" attitude
* Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
* Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
* Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
* Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
* Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
* Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its respiratory practice.
* Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
* Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies' requirements are met.
* Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
* Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Respiratory Services.
* Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of equipment.
* Explains diagnostic or therapeutic procedure to the patient and / or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
* Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to include electrocardiograms (EKG), respiratory treatments, oxygen therapy, ventilation initiation and management, etc.
* Retrieves patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
* Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
* Documents diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed and their effects on the patient.
* Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the patient is comfortable when providing a diagnostic or therapeutic procedure. Seeks additional nursing or physician assistance when necessary.
* Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy of information.
* Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
* Ascertains that patient charges are entered timely and correctly.
* Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner within three (3) rings.
* Schedules patient examinations according to departmental procedures.
* Cleans equipment and maintains work area in an organized manner.
* Any other duty that may be assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Respiratory Care
* Associate of Applied Science Degree required
* Previous employment as a Respiratory Care Therapist preferred, but not necessary.
* B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
* Licensed by the Department of State Health Services as an RCP- Respiratory Care Practitioner
* RRT- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential obtained by the NBRC
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS),
* STABLE Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), required within 6 months of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class..