Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Join Our Mission
The Human Resource Generalist provides support for various HR responsibilities and Programs needs throughout the agency.
- Responsible for assisting in recruiting, onboarding, new hire documentation, maintaining employee files (electronic) and supporting the team in various HR roles and responsibilities
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Provide high level administrative support with HR compliance responsibilities through various channels (agency wide, regulatory bodies, state and federal), including the upkeep of agency records and filing requirements (AAP, EEO data, internal and etc.).
- Ensure the integrity of employee data, including performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures
- Provide metrics that enable more effective management of Human Resources initiatives, analyze data for trends and prepare reporting data for agency wide improvements.
- Perform a wide range of functions associated with recruitment, onboarding, performance management and separations in accordance with agency policies
- Maintain knowledge of employment and labor laws, including, but not limited to, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), etc.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures; follows and supports agency mission, vision and values including participating in internal surveys and data collection for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned including support HR leadership and team as needed
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Working in non-profit organization preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Travel is required. Ability to coordinate and plan travel for visits and appointments in efficient manner.
- Ability to work with economically and culturally diverse population.
- Skills: Strong organizational and prioritization skills including the ability to complete reports and paperwork within strict deadlines and timeframes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).