Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
SENIOR DIRECTOR, GROWTH & INNOVATION, WEST COAST
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with clients throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Senior Director, Growth & Innovation, West Coast role is an entrepreneurial position focused on building business, APCO's brand reputation and growing client successes. While the role emphasizes West Coast, particularly Silicon Valley business development, at APCO our leaders do not think in narrow terms or silos about strategy, so this role should emphasize cross-market, cross-disciplinary thinking and solutions that lead to strengthening APCO's reputation and growing our client portfolio. APCO is a market leader in helping our clients with corporate advisory and advocacy to protect license to operate; understand shifting demographic, social, culture and behavioral change; advance innovative and disruptive business models; and build creative campaigning efforts that drive change
The Senior Director will be responsible for developing and driving a market growth and innovation strategy. They should thrive in building business and capturing new opportunity. They will help our organization remain competitive and grow by identifying and converting new business that will have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the company.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Disruptive Tech Expertise and Silicon Valley Strategy - Serve as a senior strategist for the continued development of our global Disruptive Tech expertise and Silicon Valley strategy. Work alongside other global senior leaders to share responsibility for bringing the full firm's assets forward to create a winning market-proposition. Identify thought leadership opportunities and potential partnerships to help drive growth.
- West Coast - Surge the Silicon Valley area with outreach to grow new business, Build out plans and growth & innovation road map for the full West Coast. Partner strategically with other senior leaders to determine where growth exists and the best path to aggressively target.
- Client Partnership - Activate networking and client outreach that result in the securing of net-new business opportunities for the firm. Maintain deep connections in C-Suite environments and authentically introduce APCO to help drive success. Lead the charge in securing and building client business. Maintain an external profile as an innovative thought leader.
- DEI & Community Engagement—Champion our DEI and Encourage community engagement with staff efforts to create real change.
- Business Performance - Deliver results against the business plan; generate organic and net-new revenue growth and meet expected levels of profitability with the one-firm approach in mind, collaborating and coordinating across the network. Produce tangible momentum and traction against goals on an accelerated timeline.
- Meeting KPIs - Meet or exceed assigned new business and personal KPI targets (developed in partnership with Regional President as part of the review process).
- Requires- At least 15 years of experience in communications, public relations and public affairs. A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a proven ability to develop business strategy and drive results.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise. Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing. We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients' impact on society and their continued profitable growth.