Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Administrative Assistant, Medical Sciences
Off of Research & Grad Studies
HMH-Seton Hall SOM
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant, Medical Sciences provides high-level support to the Chair of the Department of Medical Sciences (who is also the School of Medicine's Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies). The identified candidate will also work closely with the department's basic science faculty to furnish administrative and general office support. In addition, the position interfaces with the School's research enterprise. The ideal candidate is proactive, extremely competent, and manifests demonstrated initiative.
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant, Medical Sciences at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
Provides primary administrative support to the Chair, Department of Medical Sciences/Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies, to include scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, organizing travel arrangements, preparing/organizing/filing correspondence, and managing calendars.
- Furnishes administrative support to the basic science faculty of the Department of Medical Sciences. Among the activities envisioned are printing, scanning, faxing, mailing/overnighting packages, copying, filing, and sending e-mail/messages; sorting and triaging mail; maintaining e-mail and other address directories; and composing and preparing letters relating to routine correspondence for the faculty members' signature.
- Receive, screen, and answer questions - and problem solve with respect to phone calls and visitors. A variety of complex questions will need to be answered with tact and diplomacy.
- Coordinates and plans meeting locations, dates, and related arrangements related to the Department of Medical Sciences.
- Organize and prepare meeting materials, communicate with internal/external faculty, scientists, and clinicians - and will maintain session notes/minutes for distribution and archiving.
- Offers administrative support for the School's prematriculation program as well as its Biomedical Master's program.
- Provides the Chair/Associate Dean and faculty with administrative support of special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Provide benchmarking research regarding other similar national offerings to assist in developing related programs at the School of Medicine.
- Research other pertinent information for the Assoc. Dean as needed.
- Completes and compiles reports based on information obtained and presents to the Associate Dean.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Master's degree is preferred
- Significant experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting is required
- Exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives are required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Administrative experience is required
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft operating systems are required
- Ability to draft correspondence, coordinate schedules and activities, exercise discretion and communicate efficiently is required
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks is required
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills are required.
- Understanding of medical school operations is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.