Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Type: Full Time
About the Department
The Diabetes Commercial team leads all US sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk's robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD) and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes and other chronic or rare diseases. We are looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Market Development & Promotional Education (MD & PE) team's vision is to ensure Novo Nordisk's leadership by optimizing promotional education and health care provider engagement while identifying and exploring future healthcare trends leading to improved patient care. The MD & PE Fellowship is a one-year program within Diabetes Marketing based in Plainsboro, New Jersey. This fellowship is intended to expose the PharmD Fellow to the development of promotional education content and the design and execution of promotional education programs targeted to healthcare professionals. The PharmD Fellow will engage in information gathering activities such as advisory boards and publication surveillance to gain and apply insights to guide MD & PE and Brand strategic and tactical planning.
The postdoctoral fellow will focus on MD & PE at Novo Nordisk Inc., where a PharmD's training and expertise will provide value to the organization. The fellow will gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry where their education and experience can make a significant contribution to satisfying customer needs and achieving company goals.
The fellow will report to their Fellowship Manager/Preceptor within Market Development & Promotional Education throughout the one-year program. Additional key internal relationships include Medical Affairs, Marketing, Legal and Regulatory Affairs. Other internal relationships include managed care, trade, government affairs and global marketing.
External relationships include relations with key opinion leaders, clinicians and professional services vendors.
- All fellows will complete a Fellowship project for presentation at a key conference/congress. Additionally, fellows may be asked to attend other relevant scientific conventions, national team meetings and other travel as required for business needs related to fellow projects
- The fellow will have regular contact with cross-functional areas, including: Marketing, Medical Affairs, Medical Operations and Legal. This structured approach will allow for a broad 'hands on' experience enabling the fellows to gain the skills needed to pursue a career within the pharmaceutical industry
Market Development & Promotional Education
- Participate in the development of promotional education content and the design and execution of promotional education programs targeted to healthcare professionals
- Engage in information gathering activities such as advisory boards and publication surveillance to gain and apply insights to guide MD & PE, brand strategy and tactical planning
- Assist in the strategic development of annual Market Development and Promotional Education plans. Align with commercial brand strategies across the diabetes portfolio
- Ability to drive or to fly to various meetings - approximately 15% overnight travel
- A Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited college of Pharmacy with strong academic track record required
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Presentable, highly articulate, goal-orientated, honest, with high integrity and strong ethics
- Track record of team work, innovation and project management
- Possess good communication skills, both oral, written and presentation
- Demonstrate an ability to perform medical accuracy review with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Word software applications and overall computer skills with knowledge of literature search technique required
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications..