Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Geosyntec, an international geo-environmental consulting firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to provide primary support for our Pacific time zone IT Operations and business professionals. Although there is some flexibility on work location, the preferred base office locations are Huntington Beach, San Diego, or Denver. This role will provide intermediate to advanced-level systems administration service and support to over 1,450 employees, while adhering to departmental procedures and company policies. This position will serve as first response for handling Office 365 and Skype for Business related service and support activities. Successful candidates will have a strong customer service focus for regular interfacing with company employees, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this Systems Administrator position include:
- Advanced systems administration duties managing, securing, supporting, and maintaining Office 365 and related cloud technology applications, Microsoft Teams administration, Teams voice and conferencing in a hybrid cloud environment, Microsoft Exchange online and on-premise systems, Hyper-V clusters, Certificate Authority management, Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), and Azure AD Hybrid environment;
- Administer, track, and reserve licenses and manage subscriptions desired in Microsoft Volume Licensing program;
- Efficiently manage, research and troubleshoot incoming incident and service management requests with the ability to prioritize accordingly; escalating requests as appropriate to other members of the IT team in a fast-paced team environment (telephone, email and tracking systems);
- Ensure complex customer needs are promptly monitored, addressed, documented, and resolved in a timely and effective manner through to customer satisfaction;
- Gather relevant information and provide regular updates to manager and teammates regarding progress, risk management, potential business impact, resource management, timing, overruns, etc.;
- Compose supporting technical documentation as it relates to this position;
- Plan and maintain software related to on-premise servers with appropriate updates, patches; and
- Administer appropriate levels-related security controls, governance, compliance, and data loss prevention to secure enterprise computing assets from vulnerabilities and threats (e.g. anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spy ware, etc.).
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. (preferred)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA: Office 365), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE: Windows Server infrastructure), or equivalent Microsoft certification. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of IT industry experience in an advanced systems administration or similar services support role delivering products and solutions at an enterprise level; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune and SCCM). (preferred)
- Advanced hands-on experience managing and troubleshooting Teams Enterprise Voice and Conferencing features. (required)
- Working experience managing Office 365 technologies such as Teams, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Microsoft Online Services (MSOL) and working knowledge of using the above systems in PowerShell. (required)
- Advanced hands-on management experience with Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), Advanced Threat Protection, Online Archiving, Cloud Voicemail, Security & Compliance Center, and working knowledge of using the above systems in PowerShell. (required)
- Working knowledge and experience administering security certificates. (required)
- Working experience with Hyper-V 2016 and later. (preferred)
- Experience with recent (2016 and later) Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and domain services experience in administering, implementing, deploying, and troubleshooting including but not limited to ADFS, SSO, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy services. (required)
- Advanced proficiency with networking HW/SW diagnostics and troubleshooting. (preferred)
- Advanced hands on experience administering Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure AD Hybrid and single sign-on (SSO). (required)
- Firm understanding of WAN/LAN, voice over IP, routing, and switching technologies. (preferred)
- Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting related systems and software applications including multi-platform operating systems and third-party applications. (required)
- Experience providing end user call support, prioritization, and escalation of service needs. (required)
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problems to support resolution and escalation of intermediate to advanced system issues. (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to completion and through to customer satisfaction. (required)
- Proven organization/planning, customer service and response skills. (required)
- Flexibility to travel to company offices as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting ..